Sunday, May 8, 2011

Best of the Rest - WA at RAFW


PhotobucketI fell in love with Kirsten Shadbolt's label Paper Skye when I first laid my eyes on her 2010 collection at the Perth Fashion Festival last year. Filled with silk dresses and plenty of ruffles - it awakened a pretty, girly side of me that I never knew existed! This years' collection was equally as feminine, featuring layer upon layer of sheer fabrics manipulated into light, delicate and effortless summer garments.

PhotobucketThe 2011 collections by Jamie Lee (left), and Poppy Lissiman both featured bright and eccentric prints. I'm obsessed with Poppy's tassel earrings and Jamie's masquerade-ish cats eye sunglasses.

PhotobucketI would honestly wear every single piece in the Flannel collection. Leather shift dresses, all white ensembles and those banana yellow boots! Perfection.

5 comments:

  1. Seriously crushing on that leather dress from Flannel. I'm loving all these RAFW round ups on different blogs, mainly because I've been to lazy to look it all up myself haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow shoes with the neutrals :-) xo

    I have a buffalo tooth necklace give-away goin on, if you're interested.
    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow had no idea any of these designers were from WA! I never think too deeply about where aesthetics come from but I can definitely see it in Paper Skye's collection now that I think about it. Thanks for commenting on Fashion Falsehood - glad it lead me to your blog!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually was in awe of the Jamie Lee show, there was so much anticipation for it from all the WA bloggers online so I went to see it and WOW.


    Every piece was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all amazing. Want them all!

    Keep up the great work! Also, wanna follow each other? You know how it is starting a blog!

    Smiles,
    Aina

    THE DUSTY LOFT

    ReplyDelete